How to make money testing websites and where?
If you are looking for legitimate online job opportunities, you can fortunately come across a few ones that do offer healthy side income. Website testing is one such opportunity that you can avail.
This simple and straightforward concept does not require individuals to have any direct ties with any brand. You need to access, use and analyze a brand’s site and provide valuable feedback on its appeal and functionality.
Websites are crucial for both large and small brands increasing their reach, engages and helps convert online customers. Moreover, website optimization promotes positive brand associations while driving profitable conversions.
A successful brand is one that takes testing quite seriously as it invests a lot of money and time in web development and design. There are also additional expenses to be borne like SSL certificate, domain name, content management system, website hosting, optimization, marketing, ongoing web design, etc. There are multiple methods adopted to determine the site’s functionality. However, user testing is considered to be the most favoured one.
What amount can this work from home method offer?
Before you start with this process, you need to understand that it is not a get rich quick scheme. It is not likely to provide you with full time income, but can be an extra cash to spend for the weekend. You can expect website testing companies to pay around $10/website tested. Gaining experience, this online job may even allow you to earn around $15-$25, but on rare occasions. Generally, it takes around 15-30 minutes to complete testing of a website. Some may be completed in just 10 minutes.
Identifying test jobs
If selected for the job, you will be provided website testing opportunities over an online platform or through email. You need to ‘claim’ test to gain access. Increasing competition may make it tough to get hold of an order.
In case, you are provided with 5 websites to test in a day, there are chances of you completing successfully just a couple of them. You can earn additional $10/day. Hence, at this speed, you will be able to test around 5 sites a week. This work from home job can provide you with additional $200/monthly.
- UserTesting: You can come across brands like Microsoft, Apple, Twitter eBay, Yahoo! Dropbox, Evernote, etc. that uses this platform regularly to test new features, site and monitor thousands.
- Userlytics: You do not have to give an audition for qualifying for online job testing and anyone belonging to any country can apply on it.
- WhatUsersDo: It pays you for testing sites before they are live. It allows you to provide meaningful feedback and help with pre-launch planning.
- StartUpLift: Here, per ‘feedback’ comes with an earning opportunity of $5. Users are also accepted quickly, but need to wait for their turn.
- TryMyUI: They pay well but not for hasty feedbacks or half-hearted efforts made. For 20 minute session, they offer $10 payout and you need to record the session via audio and video along with written response.
- Enroll: It involves low-paying, but low-hassle work from home testing job. Testing is quick, but payouts are lower typically around $0.10 – $1.50.
Doing some research and getting to understand what you need to do and where to apply can help you get testing job.