Yoga pose for Eye exercise to reduce strain
Your eyes are indeed precious and you need to take good care of it. You can enjoy good eyesight by performing Bhastrika Pranayama. It is indeed a wonderful balancing Yoga pose for Eye exercise to reduce strain. It corrects imbalances found in the three doshas, namely, kapha, pitta & vata. This breathing technique generates heat within your body and can help people who are water dominated or possess kapha body composition.
How to do this pose?
- Sit in Lotus pose (Padmasana).
- Take deep breath. Fill air in your lungs.
- After counting five, release your breath.
- Practice this technique regularly by exhaling & inhaling with force, while mimicking panting activity. Practice minimum 21 times in the beginning, with one round of exhalation & inhalation.
- Breaks can be taken in-between and perform it for about 3 minutes. Increase count & duration gradually with increasing stamina level.
- Helps with brain oxygenation.
- It benefits your motor & nervous system.
- It energizes your mind & body.
- People suffering from anxiety & depression will benefit from this yoga pose immensely.
- Good pose to improve your eye sight and reduce strain.
- Treats fibrosis.
- Strengthens immunity.
- Helps people suffering from fu, cough, breathlessness, allergies and respiratory issues.
- Checks sleep apnea
Few things to consider
You should perform Bhastrika pose while practicing pranayama and then follow it with Kapalbhati to derive the benefits. This pose is beneficial especially during cold months. If you suffer from anxiety, depression, low blood pressure or has kapha (water dominated) body composition, then you can perform it in summer. Avoid practicing it at night or on full stomach, since it revs up your nervous system. Also do not do this pose if you suffer from migraine attack.