Best colleges for science in India
Completing 10+2, the next step for students is to join a college in their desired stream. There are many who would like to pursue science stream to complete their graduation. The demand for science colleges is much high when compared to other streams since there are tremendous opportunities for meritorious students. With scientific research & development being promoted the world over, a career in applied & pure sciences is what many tend to desire.
Top colleges offering B.Sc. course
- Stephen’s College, New Delhi: This college has managed to stay on the top right from its establishing in 1881 and has adapted well to changing times. Several new courses have been introduced here in technology and science field. However, its fees are quite moderate and graduating students are able to derive good paying jobs on successful completion.
- Xavier’s College, Kolkata: Its motto is ‘Nihil Ultra’. Although it is well known for Commerce section, this college does make the top 3 in science section of the country. It has low fees and does offer excellent placements. A good number of its students are placed in few of the top companies of the globe.
- Loyola College, Chennai: It is an autonomous college established under Madras University. It boasts of having low fee structure and delivers value. Lots of effort and money has been invested in all the placement training programs, thereby resulting in almost 100% placement of its students in top companies on a yearly basis.
- Christ College, Bengaluru: This college was established in 1969 and in 2008 became autonomous. However, it is among the most expensive colleges, but does offer excellent placement to its students. It does boast of having well equipped, modern and sophisticated infrastructure and laboratories.
- Miranda House, Delhi: This college has been established exclusively for women in 1948 and a real pride since then for imparting quality education. This institution advocates firm value foundation, which speaks volumes about it. It also has invested heavily to modernize and upgraded its lab facilities and has low fee structure. Exceptional science graduates have been produced here. It also maintains the 80% annual average placement record.
- Ramjas College, Delhi: This college is considered to be much older than Delhi University and popular for student exchange and study abroad programs. Its placement facility is commendable. It charges modest fees, while imparting quality education.
- Madras Christian College, Chennai: It is among the prestigious colleges in the country and boasts of having a rich alumni like Sarvapalli Radhakrishnan, Indra Nooyi, Prakash Karat among others. It has evenly distributed fee structure and charges semester based payments rather than paying up for the whole term in a single go.
- Hansraj College, New Delhi: Its fee structure is quite reasonable and well worth the investment, since it offers excellent placement facilities. Also are noteworthy its scientific facilities. Students are provided with modern technologies and have managed to churn out promising science graduates since its inception.
Joining the top science college is sure to boost the career opportunities of the students.