Best colleges for arts in India
Even a decade ago, there was a strong belief that placement is offered in the college campus ground only to students pursuing professional and science courses. The general perception among the mass was that students studying Arts were looked down by those pursuing Science and Commerce. It was also stated to be the domain of the fairer sex. But this aspect does not hold true anymore. These days, there are good number of jobs opening up for those pursuing this stream and providing them with plenty of opportunity to avail. Hence, students seek to enrol at the top colleges in the country to enhance their career opportunities in this field.
Top Art colleges in India
- Lady Sri Ram Women’s College, New Delhi: This college was established in 1956 and has managed to top the list of Art colleges in the country allowing students to pursue degree in arts. It offers a 3 year undergraduate course and boasts of having an active placement cell. Internship is also offered while pursuing the course offering them with good stipends.
- Christ College, Bengaluru: This college is known to offer students with quality education and infrastructure. The performing & psychology arts course is amongst the innovative ones provided by any institution in the country.
- Loyola College, Chennai: This college boasts of having an amazing alumni base in the form of P. Chidambaram, Viswanathan Anand & Mahesh Baby. It is known to impart top quality education. They also focus on imparting industry related and practical knowledge, while their placement cell makes sure that final year students are able to get some internship. Top notch companies also visit the campus to provide placement opportunities like Goldman Sachs, Google, EY, etc.
- Miranda House, New Delhi: This is another institution for women where they are provided with equal opportunities. Its undergraduate arts course has modest fee structure. Its placement scene is also pretty assuring as several MNCs visit the campus every year.
- Xavier’s College, Mumbai: In 2010, this college became the very first one to get autonomy under Mumbai University. It also has affordable fee structure, while offering quality education and campus placements. It has also managed to record 98% placement for its students. No donations are accepted in any form and there is also not any collaboration with banks. Its focus is on imparting quality and innovative education.
- Hansraj College, New Delhi: Established in 1948, this college has managed to impart high values and quality of education to all its students. Several MNCs do visit to provide campus placement like TCS, Flipkart, etc. and the college boasts of 80% average placement.
- Hindu College, New Delhi: This college was established in 1899 and does have a strong legacy to boast about. It has modest fee structure for its undergraduate arts course. The hostel and infrastructure facilities are commendable.
Hence, getting to know more about the top colleges that imparts arts stream in the country will help students to have a great career.